23 visitors online now
15 guests, 8 bots, 0 members
Quoting YouI'm just trying to imagine, if I had a time machine, going back to 1982 and telling someone that in 2012 a European dissident would be granted asylum by a South American country, to protect his free speech rights from the American effort to prosecute him. I wouldn't have found anyone who would believe that. Funny how the 'sureties' of the world can prove so ephemeral. (Richard Pearce, a reader at Huffington Post, in referring to Julian Assange)
- Bradley Manning verdict reactions from RT (3)
- ersim: What’s the point if the majority of young people allowed the so called “occupy...
- Other Snowden Relevations (3)
- ersim: As long as this Snowden character never leaks anything closely related to what really...
- New national story or not, Orville Schell and John Delury’s article whitewashes Western atrocities (20)
- perspectivehere: @YinYang Thanks! Sounds like an interesting book that deserves to be read: China...
- “first island chain” (1)
- Guo Du: I just read this article in Yale Journal which is quite revealing? Troubling?...
- How Food Adulteration in US is Downplayed by Media (1)
- Charles Liu: And of course, stuff like this is isolated incident and our food supply remains...
- Short-Sale AMSC: DOJ’s Stealth Probe of AMSC (1)
- Black Pheonix: Thomson Reuter downgraded AMSC to “sell”. http://zolmax.com/american...
- Hashimoto’s “Comfort Women” Statement – Is it Really So Bad? A Comment about Why Japan Needs to Give a Real Apology. (11)
- pug_ster: http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_ news/2013/08/01/19810142-ja...
- How CNN uses disaster to propagandize against a government (21)
- YinYang: @Qomo thx for the links
- Freedom of Speech: Case Study on That Medieval, Backward, Senseless French Law Against Insulting the French President (3)
- YinYang: Allen – great definition: “Freedom is defined by underlying harm.”
- Toward a Japan-Anchored Asian Order? (44)
- Peterbread: Sigmar : @Gunwin So after all is said and done, you still have not provided any...
- A Case of Corporate and National Defamation: AMSC v. Sinovel, hot air in legal and media exercises. (15)
- Black Pheonix: Sinovel stopped accepting AMSC shipments in March 2011, Yet the indictment alleges...
- “human rights,” “democracy,” “freedom,” and now, “rule of law” (36)
- Allen: @Zack What you refer to as principle of a Rule of Law does not exist. You see, if we do...
- Who Stole Jobs from Detroit? (5)
- Black Pheonix: @N.M.Cheung I would disagree a little regarding the “white flight of inner...
- Open Forum (400)
- Zack: just wondering, what are you guys’ thoughts on Caixin? Are they truly objective...
- Virtue-Shame Based Culture and Morality Needed (9)
- ho hon: Okay, I see what you mean. Metaphysically true virtue has internal basis, but practically...
america Beijing censorship China Chinese corruption culture dalai lama democracy earthquake economy education Environment featured financial crisis freedom freedom of speech Google government Hillary Clinton history human rights humor india internet japan language media media bias nationalism olympics politics propaganda racism reform riot Russia Today sixfour south china sea taiwan tiananmen tibet translation U.S. China Relations xinjiang
- “first island chain”
- Other Snowden Relevations
- Short-Sale AMSC: DOJ’s Stealth Probe of AMSC
- How Food Adulteration in US is Downplayed by Media
- Bradley Manning verdict reactions from RT
- Freedom of Speech: Case Study on That Medieval, Backward, Senseless French Law Against Insulting the French President
- New national story or not, Orville Schell and John Delury’s article whitewashes Western atrocities
- Who Stole Jobs from Detroit?
- Virtue-Shame Based Culture and Morality Needed
- Climate of not so truths
- How CNN uses disaster to propagandize against a government
- Orville Schell Does Not Understand “Negative Feedback” Or Tiger Mom’s Lessons.
- Abe Wins Huge in Japan… and some thoughts on the coverage…
- Opinion: Last Word by Melektaus on the Rule of Law
- “Cross-straits” team wins Winbledon doubles title
- “human rights,” “democracy,” “freedom,” and now, “rule of law”
- “China’s Tibet”: A Perfectly Normal Turn of Phrase
- Rampant “Legalized” Corruptions Unmentioned
- Thriving on Bad News of Others, Or Just Plain Reality Check.
- Corruptions of Different Kinds, and the Effects
- “English-language Chinese Blogs” are dead? Who’s Not Paying Attention.
- Should China Consider Giving Snowden Asylum?
- Internet Freedom vs NSA Dragnet
- Blundering Soft Power of West Demonstrates Its Own Shortcoming
- Eric X. Li: A tale of two political systems (李世默:两种制度的传说)
- Analysis (424)
- Announcements (34)
- Asian Union (10)
- aside (48)
- Book Review (4)
- culture (258)
- economy (89)
- education (39)
- Environment (46)
- Foreign Relations (62)
- General (205)
- history (55)
- human rights (50)
- Indonesia (1)
- Interview (2)
- language (21)
- Letters (48)
- media (196)
- music (57)
- natural disaster (10)
- News (334)
- Opinion (284)
- Philosophy (29)
- Photos (51)
- politics (361)
- q&a (13)
- religion (24)
- technology (58)
- trade (37)
- Translation (3)
- Uncategorized (232)
- video (94)
- White Paper (4)