Like other Asian Americans, I have been following Linsanity over the last 2 weeks or so with great interest and pride. It’s not too often you see a twice-cut bench warmer become a starter and take a professional team in New York by storm like Jeremy Lin (林書豪) has. While the future of Lin as a mega star is not necessarily secure, with some saying that Lin is a phenom only because of his race and others observing that the Knicks has played mostly sissy teams the last couple of weeks, there are plenty of which to be proud even if Linsanity were to end tomorrow.
Posts Tagged ‘basketball’
February 21st, 2012 54 comments
35 visitors online now
26 guests, 9 bots, 0 members
Quoting YouIf American political and media elites admitted that the country acts in its self-interest just like every other country, then I'd stop objecting to the constant stream of propaganda and deceit about Ameria's moral superiority and exceptionalism. It's precisely because America does operate by self-interest like every other country - albeit with more aggression and violence -- that I find the propaganda so harmful. (Glenn Greenwald)
- Open Forum (291)
- Black Pheonix: @perspectivehere It is generally accepted that there is no such thing as...
- Tsung Tsung is why I am bullish on China (2)
- Allen: @qirong29 Thanks for the observation. When my wife brought to my attention to this video a...
- Opinion: Why There Is So Much Pro-War Reporting in the West? A Comment on Bloggers, Tyranny, and the Fourth Estate (6)
- Black Pheonix: http://www.foxnews.com/politic s/2013/05/20/justice-depart...
- Psychological projection and the western mind (33)
- Zack: @melektaus perhaps these people subscribe to the notion that freedom and moral superiority...
- On June 4th, Reactions to “What’s wrong with China?” and other bits (49)
- Allen: Looks like some expat in China has commented on this ugly Chinese tourist issue (though...
- The Wolf and The “Ginger Wave”, FBI, Source Codes, and the Ballad (52)
- pug_ster: @Zack http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =sHbx1EWtZ6Y Funny thing is that Brian Fogle is...
- What’s wrong with China? Hint: it’s not the government (79)
- Black Pheonix: Interesting survey: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new s/worldnews/10061025/Worlds...
- The Mystery of Stupidity (2)
- melektaus: I think you have misunderstood what natural selection is, Guo Du. Natural selection is...
- Hollywood has underwent self-censorship training, so should Feng Xiaogang (38)
- jxie: Maybe some level of “censorship” is unavoidable, but personally would really...
- Ideology and Facts (3)
- Allen: @Charles Liu Thanks for that. That’s good to know. I sort of suspected that anyways....
- Did Millions Die in the Great Leap Forward: A Quick Note on the Underlying Statistics (10)
- wwww1234: more statistics: http://bbs.tianya.cn/post-worl dlook-751352-1.shtml
- Remembering Lu Lingzi (吕令子) (2)
- teaz: Charles Liu : Nothing to say really, so sad for all the lives lost. It’s always tragic to...
- Elgin Street and the Old Summer Palace (20)
- teaz: Ray : @DalianPaul The only reason modern Japan has any claim on the Diaoyu islands is...
- Suzhou Pingtan (苏州评弹): 姑苏十二娘 (1)
- Charles Liu: Reminds me of other Chinese all-female instrumental groups like 12 Girls Band (CN)...
- “滴答” (Dida) – Song of Li Jiang Old Town (2)
- Qomo: I wish to have the opportunity to pay a visit to Li Jiang (丽江), the ancient town famous...
"Jasmine Revolution" america Beijing censorship China Chinese corruption culture dalai lama democracy earthquake economy education Environment featured financial crisis freedom of speech Google government history human rights humor india internet japan language media media bias nationalism olympics politics propaganda racism reform riot Russia Today Senkaku sixfour south china sea taiwan tiananmen tibet translation U.S. China Relations xinjiang
- Tsung Tsung is why I am bullish on China
- Opinion: Why There Is So Much Pro-War Reporting in the West? A Comment on Bloggers, Tyranny, and the Fourth Estate
- Psychological projection and the western mind
- On June 4th, Reactions to “What’s wrong with China?” and other bits
- Ideology and Facts
- What’s wrong with China? Hint: it’s not the government
- The Mystery of Stupidity
- Suzhou Pingtan (苏州评弹): 姑苏十二娘
- “滴答” (Dida) – Song of Li Jiang Old Town
- A Conversation with Boi Boi Huong on the Great Leap Forward
- Remembering Lu Lingzi (吕令子)
- Hollywood has underwent self-censorship training, so should Feng Xiaogang
- If you made a comment in the last 12 hours or so – specifically, after 10:50 pm 4/16/13 and before 2:00 pm 4/17/2013, Pacific Time…
- What The History of Online Communities Taught Me About “Freedom Of Speech”
- Botanical Espionage, The Western History of IP Violations
- Comparing Lincoln to Mao
- Elgin Street and the Old Summer Palace
- Life in flames: The story behind Tibetan self-immolation (Xinhua News)
- Chinese media criticism of Apple aims to rectify U.S. protectionism against Huawei
- A proper perspective on Sino-Russian relations
- Sports Illustrated in China
- The Wolf and The “Ginger Wave”, FBI, Source Codes, and the Ballad
- Losing The Last Accountability in the “Do-Over” Democracies, The Buck Doesn’t Stop.
- Kissinger’s “On China” – not quite a book review
- Analysis (404)
- Announcements (34)
- Asian Union (10)
- aside (42)
- Book Review (4)
- culture (258)
- economy (88)
- education (39)
- Environment (46)
- Foreign Relations (61)
- General (204)
- history (54)
- human rights (48)
- Indonesia (1)
- Interview (2)
- language (20)
- Letters (48)
- media (192)
- music (57)
- natural disaster (10)
- News (328)
- Opinion (272)
- Philosophy (29)
- Photos (51)
- politics (344)
- q&a (13)
- religion (24)
- technology (58)
- trade (37)
- Translation (3)
- Uncategorized (206)
- video (93)
- White Paper (4)