Following the video is the full text of the joint closing remarks to the third U.S.-China Strategic and Economic Dialog (S&ED) by Secretary of State Clinton, Secretary of Treasury Timothy Geithner, Chinese Vice Premier Wang Qishan, and Chinese State Councilor Dai Bingguo. I have highlighted where the leaders mentioned specific areas of progress. Read more…
Posts Tagged ‘Clinton’
May 11th, 2011 5 comments
47 visitors online now
21 guests, 26 bots, 0 members
Quoting YouAbout the human rights groups, I cannot think of anything intelligent to say about them, just like I cannot think of anything intelligent to say about FLG. I did not invent those witty words above. I submitted a paper to a prestigious journal and today got the rejection letter with the reviewers’ comments. One of the reviewer’s opening statement was “I cannot think of anything intelligent to say about this paper.” Tough to be a Chinese in the West, but the reviewing process was blind. (bianxiangbianqiao)
- Plutocrats Against Democracy (2)
- pug_ster: @N.M.Cheung, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H ong_Kong_Chief_Executive_elect ion,_2012 As...
- The Mantra of “One Man, One Vote.” (3)
- Charles Liu: Or learn a little bit about US history when emulating America. US presidential...
- Umbrella Revolution and Authoritarianism with Chinese Characteristics (8)
- Guo Du: One important detail neglected by many Occupy Central supporters by now is the...
- What is Your Take on Hong Kong Police Breaking Up Protesters Occupying Government Buildings and Public Spaces? (23)
- pug_ster: http://abcnews.go.com/internat ional/wirestory/hong-kong-p...
- What’s wrong with China? Hint: it’s not the government (133)
- orion8888: The author has hit the nail on the head with their write up. Having visited China for...
- Open Forum (532)
- Matchut: http://www.csmonitor.com/Busin ess/Latest-News-Wires/2014/...
- Western Media’s Pervasive Bias Against China Today (6)
- raffiaflower: Western corporate media has given a human `face’ to Hong Kong protests, to...
- Are the Occupy Protesters really about “Democracy”? (21)
- pug_ster: http://www.npr.org/blogs/paral lels/2014/10/09/354632365/e...
- Killing Chicken Warning Monkey (5)
- N.M.Cheung: @Ray I understand totally the anti-terrorist campaign and thanks for the links. For...
- Alternate View from Xingjiang (1)
- Allen: Beautiful post! I got distracted by events in Hong Kong, but will finish my Ilham Toht...
- The Scotland Referendum and What it might teach us about Democracy (4)
- Ray: @Allen I simply want to add on to what Allen has said. Since the Han dynasty this region was...
- Virulent racism endemic in the western animal rights movement (72)
- Allen: Here is an article titled “2 Investigators: China Floods U.S. With Near-Perfect Fake...
- Freedom of Speech: Case Study on That Medieval, Backward, Senseless French Law Against Insulting the French President (5)
- Allen: Censorship is not just about government censorship. Much, much more often, it’s...
- US Censorship Poisons Internet At the Front End, with 100,000’s of Secret Gag Orders (6)
- Allen: AS another sign that gag orders are creeping up everywhere and is the norm not the...
- Hong Kong and Democracy (7)
- ersim: What is laughable is how this “movement” in HK expect China to grant them...
america Beijing censorship China corruption culture dalai lama democracy diaoyutai earthquake economy education Environment featured financial crisis freedom freedom of speech Google government history hong kong human rights humor india internet japan media media bias nationalism olympics politics propaganda racism reform riot rule of law Russia Today Senkaku sixfour taiwan tiananmen tibet translation U.S. China Relations xinjiang
- Plutocrats Against Democracy
- The Mantra of “One Man, One Vote.”
- Umbrella Revolution and Authoritarianism with Chinese Characteristics
- Western Media’s Pervasive Bias Against China Today
- Are the Occupy Protesters really about “Democracy”?
- What is Your Take on Hong Kong Police Breaking Up Protesters Occupying Government Buildings and Public Spaces?
- Alternate View from Xingjiang
- Killing Chicken Warning Monkey
- The Scotland Referendum and What it might teach us about Democracy
- In Praise of “Yiyun Li (李翊雲)” and ‘Kinder than Solititude”
- Experimenting with New Themes
- Enjoy this short scenic video of Xian
- Why Democrats Can’t Win the House?
- Hong Kong and Democracy
- China Dream
- Democracy Mission – A Conspiracy Theory
- Paul Krugman
- Rule of Law
- China is a Freeloader of World Order…
- WSJ Re-reports “37 civilians killed, 13 injured in Xinjiang terror attack”
- Rectangular Track
- “Peaceful Rise” Does Not Mean a “Push Over” China
- Opium Wars…….War on Drugs
- Model Minority and Race
- Some Reflections of a Chinese American
- Analysis (476)
- Announcements (39)
- Asian Union (10)
- aside (50)
- Book Review (5)
- culture (268)
- economy (96)
- education (39)
- Environment (48)
- Foreign Relations (68)
- General (214)
- history (67)
- human rights (64)
- Indonesia (1)
- Interview (2)
- language (21)
- Letters (48)
- media (205)
- music (57)
- natural disaster (10)
- News (350)
- Opinion (315)
- Philosophy (33)
- Photos (55)
- politics (402)
- q&a (13)
- religion (25)
- technology (60)
- trade (42)
- Translation (4)
- Uncategorized (275)
- video (95)
- White Paper (4)