Following the video is the full text of the joint closing remarks to the third U.S.-China Strategic and Economic Dialog (S&ED) by Secretary of State Clinton, Secretary of Treasury Timothy Geithner, Chinese Vice Premier Wang Qishan, and Chinese State Councilor Dai Bingguo. I have highlighted where the leaders mentioned specific areas of progress. Read more…
Posts Tagged ‘Clinton’
May 11th, 2011 5 comments
37 visitors online now
21 guests, 16 bots, 0 members
Quoting You"In VS Naipaul's prophetic novel 'A Bend in the River,' Salim, the Indian-African narrator, laments his community's political immaturity, envying Africa's European conquerors: "an intelligent and energetic people", who "wanted gold and slaves, like everybody else," but who also "wanted statues put up to themselves as people who had done good things for the slaves". Salim believes that the Europeans "could do one thing and say something quite different because they had an idea of what they owed to their civilisation"; and "they got both the slaves and statues"." (Pankaj Mishra)
- Some Reflections of a Chinese American (7)
- United Chinese Diaspora: I was born in a small Northern Canadian town that was bordered by...
- Open Forum (523)
- SinoXin: Just saw this video today and wanted to share it http://asiasociety.org/vide...
- US Censorship Poisons Internet At the Front End, with 100,000′s of Secret Gag Orders (2)
- mousey: Here is a story about censorship http://www.wired.co.uk/news...
- West Considers History Amnesia Pill Law (12)
- Allen: @Black Pheonix On another side note: Google search ranking is highly secretive, could be...
- Bullet trains D301 and D3115 crash in Wenzhou, Zhejiang Province (38)
- Zack: @Black Pheonix the worst problem for readers of western MSM is that previously considered...
- Growing anti-Beijing sentiment is shifting focus away from Hong Kong’s real problems (28)
- curious: The hands of the Western Cabal behind the Hong Kong/Mainland issues should not be...
- China’s Take on Vietnam’s Dispute with China in the S. China Sea (5)
- Ray: @Zack Yes, the Vietnamese govn’t has used that as a pretext for national unification....
- US professors urge Western universities to end ties to China’s Confucius Institutes (126)
- Ray: As for whether the communist movement would come into power in Malaya/Singapore? This is my...
- If China and the U.S.-led Hegemonic Block Ever Gets into a War, the War Started this Way … with a Lie… (5)
- raffiaflower: China’s president has just stated that it would be `disastrous’ for the...
- HK’s “civil referendum”, a giant farce in details (26)
- paoburen: @United Chinese Diaspora Thanks for your post. I definitely bring the torch of peace, I...
- A New U.S. China Diplomatic Row a la Devyani Khobragade? (12)
- Allen: @raffiaflower This is a great post, though Allen could refrain from terms like “reacted...
- “They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves of corruption.” (1)
- United Chinese Diaspora: The most notorious corruption case in the Bible is the betrayal of Jesus...
- Why Asia Should Say No to Mr. Abe’s Vision of International Law for Asia (2)
- raffiaflower: Allen’s post has really stirred up a hornet’s nest at HuffPost. The...
- Chinese Guanxi (24)
- Black Pheonix: @United Chinese Diaspora Some day, you may look back and wonder why you decided to...
- Chinese Government Tightens Constraints on Press Freedom (1)
- choic: > Another misplaced ideological focus … is its focus somehow that freedom will...
america Beijing censorship China china-u.s. relations Chinese corruption culture dalai lama democracy diaoyutai earthquake economy education Environment featured financial crisis freedom freedom of speech Google government history human rights humor india internet japan media media bias nationalism olympics politics propaganda racism reform riot Russia Today Senkaku sixfour taiwan tiananmen tibet translation U.S. China Relations xinjiang
- Model Minority and Race
- Some Reflections of a Chinese American
- US Censorship Poisons Internet At the Front End, with 100,000′s of Secret Gag Orders
- Growing anti-Beijing sentiment is shifting focus away from Hong Kong’s real problems
- China’s Take on Vietnam’s Dispute with China in the S. China Sea
- The Ugly Side Shows Through from the US “Soft Power” Experiment: Freedom in Exporting Extremism.
- HK’s “civil referendum”, a giant farce in details
- US professors urge Western universities to end ties to China’s Confucius Institutes
- “They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves of corruption.”
- Why Asia Should Say No to Mr. Abe’s Vision of International Law for Asia
- Deconstructing Japan’s Claim of Sovereignty over the Diaoyu/Senkaku Islands
- If China and the U.S.-led Hegemonic Block Ever Gets into a War, the War Started this Way … with a Lie…
- Chinese Government Tightens Constraints on Press Freedom
- Chinese Guanxi
- Turning a New Chapter
- 5 Popular Misconceptions about the Sino-Russian Gas Deal
- Tiananmen and Freedom of Speech
- A New U.S. China Diplomatic Row a la Devyani Khobragade?
- Two (Minor) Chinese Fishermen Returned from Phillipines Deny Poaching Sea Turtles
- Some actual HK Data of HK people misbehaving, in need of outrage by HK people
- On the Enhanced Defense Cooperation Agreement (EDCA) Between the U.S. and Phillipines
- A Buried History of Taiwan
- Obama Asia tour: US-Japan treaty ‘covers disputed islands’ – A Case of Dipping into One’s Savings to Live Large?
- Helmut Schmidt: won’t sell Democracy to China
- Malaysia Airline MH370 – American Media Fanning the Flame Wars
- Analysis (470)
- Announcements (38)
- Asian Union (10)
- aside (49)
- Book Review (4)
- culture (266)
- economy (96)
- education (39)
- Environment (48)
- Foreign Relations (68)
- General (214)
- history (67)
- human rights (64)
- Indonesia (1)
- Interview (2)
- language (21)
- Letters (48)
- media (204)
- music (57)
- natural disaster (10)
- News (350)
- Opinion (311)
- Philosophy (33)
- Photos (54)
- politics (399)
- q&a (13)
- religion (25)
- technology (60)
- trade (42)
- Translation (4)
- Uncategorized (263)
- video (95)
- White Paper (4)