Following the video is the full text of the joint closing remarks to the third U.S.-China Strategic and Economic Dialog (S&ED) by Secretary of State Clinton, Secretary of Treasury Timothy Geithner, Chinese Vice Premier Wang Qishan, and Chinese State Councilor Dai Bingguo. I have highlighted where the leaders mentioned specific areas of progress. Read more…
Posts Tagged ‘Clinton’
May 11th, 2011 5 comments
61 visitors online now
50 guests, 11 bots, 0 members
Quoting YouThe Chinese experience is one of invasion and exploitation by foreign powers for the last few centuries because the Chinese were not able to muster up a strong enough government to defend themselves. This experience is polar opposites to the European experience – where strong governments tyrannized the people. So, the Western priority is one of "check and balances" for their governments. In China today, the people want, foremost, a government that can protect them from outsiders. (DeWang)
- The Myth of a Chinese takeover in Siberia – Continued (15)
- Panthera Tigris Amoyensis: More on China Briefing about trade with the Caucasus regions:...
- Abe’s Japan going backwards on the Comfort Women Issue (1)
- Mister Unknown: Lol… I wonder whether Americans will be up in arms marching & chanting...
- Open Forum (541)
- Charles Liu: Wow Noma the best restaurant in the world serves peeled shrimp alive. where’s...
- Why did China ban Google? And why do the West try to shut down the Confucian Institute? (18)
- Ray: @United Chinese Diaspora The Confucian Institute pretty much operate like its counterparts...
- 中国博客: “探索和谐”, 欢迎你 (13)
- ch sheep: 其实我在想，如果他们完全不了解我们，也意味着不能有效对付我们 嘛。哈哈，开玩笑的，希望你们能更好的促进中外交流。
- My Take on HK’s Occupy Movement (9)
- pug_ster: https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=vdBRe3s3LPM&feature=you tube_gdata_player...
- Sony: the great propagandizer in the middle of its hacking scandal (13)
- pug_ster: Charles Liu : Here’s the latest round of propaganda on this, “Bureau 121″:...
- 汉武帝还是唐太宗 习近平陷入保守主义？/On History (8)
- Ray: @N.M.Cheung Yes, it is impossible to be agreeable on simple things, let alone complicate...
- Xi Jinping’s fight against Corruption (4)
- Black Pheonix: >One of the major player there is Las Vegas Sand, majority owner being family of...
- The True Face of “Occupy Central With Peace And Love” Western Media Self-Censored (3)
- Black Pheonix: I love the contrast of the 1st video: The OC locust buzzing around the calm...
- On China’s 9-Dashed Line and Why the Arbitrational Tribunal in Hague Should Dismiss Philippine’s Case Against China (8)
- Ray: Anyway, I just want to add that territorial claim can be a very heated issue. To be honest,...
- Second Enlightenment – Debunking Democracy (4)
- Mister Unknown: @Allen I agree with you that China shouldn’t buy in to the ideas of either...
- Jeremy Lin (4)
- United Chinese Diaspora: In my last job, I remembered I completed a project with excellent...
- Obama vs Xi Jinping (8)
- Ray: @Allen History has shown that all leaders are propelled into place. Their personality will...
- Taiwan’s Recent Local Elections (3)
- Ray: In a universal suffrage political system it is almost natural progress to have a two parties...
america Beijing censorship China corruption culture dalai lama democracy diaoyutai earthquake economy education Environment featured financial crisis freedom freedom of speech Google government history hong kong human rights humor india internet japan media media bias nationalism olympics politics propaganda racism reform riot rule of law Russia Today Senkaku sixfour taiwan tiananmen tibet translation U.S. China Relations xinjiang
- 政治局新年首次集体学习辩证唯物主义 (Politburo together studied Dialectic Materialism)
- Abe’s Japan going backwards on the Comfort Women Issue
- The Myth of a Chinese takeover in Siberia – Continued
- Why did China ban Google? And why do the West try to shut down the Confucian Institute?
- 汉武帝还是唐太宗 习近平陷入保守主义？/On History
- Sony: the great propagandizer in the middle of its hacking scandal
- Xi Jinping’s fight against Corruption
- The True Face of “Occupy Central With Peace And Love” Western Media Self-Censored
- On China’s 9-Dashed Line and Why the Arbitrational Tribunal in Hague Should Dismiss Philippine’s Case Against China
- Second Enlightenment – Debunking Democracy
- Jeremy Lin
- Taiwan’s Recent Local Elections
- Obama vs Xi Jinping
- The Soft-power of Hong Kong Protesters – Freedoms not enjoy by American, Britain, Canadian and Australian
- Channeling Arthur Chu
- My Take on HK’s Occupy Movement
- Plutocrats Against Democracy
- The Mantra of “One Man, One Vote.”
- Umbrella Revolution and Authoritarianism with Chinese Characteristics
- Western Media’s Pervasive Bias Against China Today
- Are the Occupy Protesters really about “Democracy”?
- What is Your Take on Hong Kong Police Breaking Up Protesters Occupying Government Buildings and Public Spaces?
- Alternate View from Xingjiang
- Killing Chicken Warning Monkey
- The Scotland Referendum and What it might teach us about Democracy
- Analysis (483)
- Announcements (39)
- Asian Union (10)
- aside (50)
- Book Review (5)
- culture (268)
- economy (96)
- education (40)
- Environment (48)
- Foreign Relations (70)
- General (214)
- history (67)
- human rights (67)
- Indonesia (1)
- Interview (2)
- language (21)
- Letters (48)
- media (207)
- music (57)
- natural disaster (10)
- News (352)
- Opinion (319)
- Philosophy (33)
- Photos (55)
- politics (407)
- q&a (13)
- religion (25)
- technology (60)
- trade (42)
- Translation (4)
- Uncategorized (283)
- video (96)
- White Paper (4)