Like other Asian Americans, I have been following Linsanity over the last 2 weeks or so with great interest and pride. It’s not too often you see a twice-cut bench warmer become a starter and take a professional team in New York by storm like Jeremy Lin (林書豪) has. While the future of Lin as a mega star is not necessarily secure, with some saying that Lin is a phenom only because of his race and others observing that the Knicks has played mostly sissy teams the last couple of weeks, there are plenty of which to be proud even if Linsanity were to end tomorrow.
Posts Tagged ‘linsanity’
February 21st, 2012 54 comments
35 visitors online now
23 guests, 11 bots, 1 members
Quoting YouThe Chinese experience is one of invasion and exploitation by foreign powers for the last few centuries because the Chinese were not able to muster up a strong enough government to defend themselves. This experience is polar opposites to the European experience – where strong governments tyrannized the people. So, the Western priority is one of "check and balances" for their governments. In China today, the people want, foremost, a government that can protect them from outsiders. (DeWang)
- The Snowden Question: If the West Doesn’t Give Refuge, Who Will? (19)
- Allen: @melektaus It is the moral relativist that thinks he is always right and beyond reproach...
- Toward a Japan-Anchored Asian Order? (1)
- Guo Du: My gut feeling is that the Indians are nowhere near as stupid as the Americans think they...
- NSA PRISM Program Linked to Creation of “No Fly List” And “Drone Kill List” (6)
- Black Pheonix: Now, FBI admits using drones to spy domestically, but “very few”....
- Open Forum (347)
- Black Pheonix: After almost 20 years, and more than 50 deaths, GM Chrysler...
- What Snowden Affair Teaches About Corruption, Trust, and Government in the World (18)
- Zack: @Black Pheonix certainly shits all over the anglo countries’ moans over being...
- US Spy Agencies Hacking Networks Globally, 61,000 Operations! (Snowden Dishes More Dirt) (15)
- Zack: remember a few months back when Mandiant came out with their report against so called...
- Cult of personality mindset and Xi Jinping (aside) (11)
- melektaus: Look at this fuckin moron. First he says he doesn;t know what Xi positions on key...
- If NSA’s Cyber-Snooping Is So Effective, Why Can’t It Do Any Thing Vaguely Useful? Like (Pour Me a Beer or) Fix No-Fly List (2)
- Zack: @YinYang this utter disrespect for non americans is highly disturbing but doesn’t...
- “滴答” (Dida) – Song of Li Jiang Old Town (3)
- keithy: What a wonderful piece of music. In the video, Lijiang looks quiet and peaceful. It must...
- What Snowden Hasn’t Revealed, Piecing Together The Much Bigger US Surveillance Picture (15)
- Black Pheonix: http://www.pcworld.com/article /2042044/some-foreignbacked...
- Inevitable: US Spy Program Leaker Escapes to Hong Kong, Other Aftermath, How It Might Play Out (47)
- Black Pheonix: @Zack It is also interesting that while Google (other high tech companies) have...
- Film Review: “Free China: The Courage to Believe” (9)
- YinYang: @James My respect. What you summarized above should be repeated: More than that, I’d...
- Did Michelle Obama Do a Political Snub On Peng Liyuan? (28)
- Allen: Following up on my previous comment to Hong Konger This whole China are these ultra...
- A note on “cultural relativism” (14)
- Black Pheonix: remind me of sometimes when I tell the occasional wide-eye curious (but a bit...
- The Psychology Of “Something Completely Different” (3)
- Black Pheonix: remind me to do another post: The Psychology of “Nothing to see here.”
"Jasmine Revolution" america Beijing censorship China Chinese corruption culture dalai lama democracy earthquake economy education Environment featured financial crisis freedom of speech Google government history human rights humor india internet japan language media media bias nationalism olympics politics propaganda racism reform riot Russia Today Senkaku sixfour south china sea taiwan tiananmen tibet translation U.S. China Relations xinjiang
- Toward a Japan-Anchored Asian Order?
- The Snowden Question: If the West Doesn’t Give Refuge, Who Will?
- NSA PRISM Program Linked to Creation of “No Fly List” And “Drone Kill List”
- If NSA’s Cyber-Snooping Is So Effective, Why Can’t It Do Any Thing Vaguely Useful? Like (Pour Me a Beer or) Fix No-Fly List
- What Snowden Affair Teaches About Corruption, Trust, and Government in the World
- Film Review: “Free China: The Courage to Believe”
- What Snowden Hasn’t Revealed, Piecing Together The Much Bigger US Surveillance Picture
- US Spy Agencies Hacking Networks Globally, 61,000 Operations! (Snowden Dishes More Dirt)
- Cult of personality mindset and Xi Jinping (aside)
- The Psychology Of “Something Completely Different”
- Inevitable: US Spy Program Leaker Escapes to Hong Kong, Other Aftermath, How It Might Play Out
- Prism and U.S. Internet Giant’s Denial
- The Fallacy of the Modern “Culturists” Concept
- Did Michelle Obama Do a Political Snub On Peng Liyuan?
- A note on “cultural relativism”
- Rediscovering Chinese “Rote Memorization”
- Remembering June 4th
- A Call For Scientific Revolution of Politics, End to the Vatican of Democracy
- Support for Korea Non-Intervention, Self-Determination and a Peaceful Northeast Asia
- Opinion: China’s Acquisition of Smithfield Is A National Security Threat To America
- Hashimoto’s “Comfort Women” Statement – Is it Really So Bad? A Comment about Why Japan Needs to Give a Real Apology.
- South African President Jacob Zuma on Libya, Syria, West, and China
- How Critics of China are Fooling Themselves and Missing the Real Point.
- Opinion: Free the Lewchew Islands from Japan
- Tsung Tsung is why I am bullish on China
- Analysis (410)
- Announcements (34)
- Asian Union (10)
- aside (44)
- Book Review (4)
- culture (258)
- economy (89)
- education (39)
- Environment (46)
- Foreign Relations (61)
- General (204)
- history (55)
- human rights (49)
- Indonesia (1)
- Interview (2)
- language (20)
- Letters (48)
- media (193)
- music (57)
- natural disaster (10)
- News (330)
- Opinion (278)
- Philosophy (29)
- Photos (51)
- politics (352)
- q&a (13)
- religion (24)
- technology (58)
- trade (37)
- Translation (3)
- Uncategorized (218)
- video (94)
- White Paper (4)