U.S. President Barack Obama: “The people of Libya are showing that the universal pursuit of dignity and freedom is far stronger than the iron fist of a dictator. The surest way for the bloodshed to end is simple: Moammar Gadhafi and his regime need to recognize that their rule has come to an end.”
China: “The Chinese side respects the choice of the Libyan people,” Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Ma Zhaoxu said a brief statement posted Monday on the ministry’s website. “The Chinese side is willing to work with the international society to play a positive role in the reconstruction process of Libya in the future.” Read more…
Posts Tagged ‘NO-FLY ZONE’
August 22nd, 2011 96 comments
34 visitors online now
24 guests, 10 bots, 0 members
Quoting YouWe have completely lost to the old man who is seeking to change the world using his prayers and smile, and have given up critical thinking in front of him. If we look carefully at the history of Tibet under the rule of the Dalai Lama, we will find that Tibet was still a society of serfdom back then. Tibet's serfdom was not abolished until the middle of the 1950s. If we see only the Dalai Lama's smile, it will mean that we care only about the symbolic meaning of the Tibet issue instead of Tibet itself. (German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt
- The Snowden Question: If the West Doesn’t Give Refuge, Who Will? (16)
- Zack: @Black Pheonix not to mention, even as a stooge, CGC flip flopped and wouldn’t play...
- Open Forum (347)
- Black Pheonix: After almost 20 years, and more than 50 deaths, GM Chrysler...
- NSA PRISM Program Linked to Creation of “No Fly List” And “Drone Kill List” (5)
- Black Pheonix: US Intelligence on defensive: We prevented attack. http://www.defensenews.com/...
- What Snowden Affair Teaches About Corruption, Trust, and Government in the World (18)
- Zack: @Black Pheonix certainly shits all over the anglo countries’ moans over being...
- US Spy Agencies Hacking Networks Globally, 61,000 Operations! (Snowden Dishes More Dirt) (15)
- Zack: remember a few months back when Mandiant came out with their report against so called...
- Cult of personality mindset and Xi Jinping (aside) (11)
- melektaus: Look at this fuckin moron. First he says he doesn;t know what Xi positions on key...
- If NSA’s Cyber-Snooping Is So Effective, Why Can’t It Do Any Thing Vaguely Useful? Like (Pour Me a Beer or) Fix No-Fly List (2)
- Zack: @YinYang this utter disrespect for non americans is highly disturbing but doesn’t...
- “滴答” (Dida) – Song of Li Jiang Old Town (3)
- keithy: What a wonderful piece of music. In the video, Lijiang looks quiet and peaceful. It must...
- What Snowden Hasn’t Revealed, Piecing Together The Much Bigger US Surveillance Picture (15)
- Black Pheonix: http://www.pcworld.com/article /2042044/some-foreignbacked...
- Inevitable: US Spy Program Leaker Escapes to Hong Kong, Other Aftermath, How It Might Play Out (47)
- Black Pheonix: @Zack It is also interesting that while Google (other high tech companies) have...
- Film Review: “Free China: The Courage to Believe” (9)
- YinYang: @James My respect. What you summarized above should be repeated: More than that, I’d...
- Did Michelle Obama Do a Political Snub On Peng Liyuan? (28)
- Allen: Following up on my previous comment to Hong Konger This whole China are these ultra...
- A note on “cultural relativism” (14)
- Black Pheonix: remind me of sometimes when I tell the occasional wide-eye curious (but a bit...
- The Psychology Of “Something Completely Different” (3)
- Black Pheonix: remind me to do another post: The Psychology of “Nothing to see here.”
- The Fallacy of the Modern “Culturists” Concept (2)
- Black Pheonix: Thanks for your note. However, I believe the terms are often used interchangeably,...
"Jasmine Revolution" america Beijing censorship China Chinese corruption culture dalai lama democracy earthquake economy education Environment featured financial crisis freedom of speech Google government history human rights humor india internet japan language media media bias nationalism olympics politics propaganda racism reform riot Russia Today Senkaku sixfour south china sea taiwan tiananmen tibet translation U.S. China Relations xinjiang
- The Snowden Question: If the West Doesn’t Give Refuge, Who Will?
- NSA PRISM Program Linked to Creation of “No Fly List” And “Drone Kill List”
- If NSA’s Cyber-Snooping Is So Effective, Why Can’t It Do Any Thing Vaguely Useful? Like (Pour Me a Beer or) Fix No-Fly List
- What Snowden Affair Teaches About Corruption, Trust, and Government in the World
- Film Review: “Free China: The Courage to Believe”
- What Snowden Hasn’t Revealed, Piecing Together The Much Bigger US Surveillance Picture
- US Spy Agencies Hacking Networks Globally, 61,000 Operations! (Snowden Dishes More Dirt)
- Cult of personality mindset and Xi Jinping (aside)
- The Psychology Of “Something Completely Different”
- Inevitable: US Spy Program Leaker Escapes to Hong Kong, Other Aftermath, How It Might Play Out
- Prism and U.S. Internet Giant’s Denial
- The Fallacy of the Modern “Culturists” Concept
- Did Michelle Obama Do a Political Snub On Peng Liyuan?
- A note on “cultural relativism”
- Rediscovering Chinese “Rote Memorization”
- Remembering June 4th
- A Call For Scientific Revolution of Politics, End to the Vatican of Democracy
- Support for Korea Non-Intervention, Self-Determination and a Peaceful Northeast Asia
- Opinion: China’s Acquisition of Smithfield Is A National Security Threat To America
- Hashimoto’s “Comfort Women” Statement – Is it Really So Bad? A Comment about Why Japan Needs to Give a Real Apology.
- South African President Jacob Zuma on Libya, Syria, West, and China
- How Critics of China are Fooling Themselves and Missing the Real Point.
- Opinion: Free the Lewchew Islands from Japan
- Tsung Tsung is why I am bullish on China
- Opinion: Why There Is So Much Pro-War Reporting in the West? A Comment on Bloggers, Tyranny, and the Fourth Estate
- Analysis (409)
- Announcements (34)
- Asian Union (10)
- aside (44)
- Book Review (4)
- culture (258)
- economy (89)
- education (39)
- Environment (46)
- Foreign Relations (61)
- General (204)
- history (54)
- human rights (49)
- Indonesia (1)
- Interview (2)
- language (20)
- Letters (48)
- media (193)
- music (57)
- natural disaster (10)
- News (330)
- Opinion (277)
- Philosophy (29)
- Photos (51)
- politics (351)
- q&a (13)
- religion (24)
- technology (58)
- trade (37)
- Translation (3)
- Uncategorized (218)
- video (94)
- White Paper (4)