Following the video is the full text of the joint closing remarks to the third U.S.-China Strategic and Economic Dialog (S&ED) by Secretary of State Clinton, Secretary of Treasury Timothy Geithner, Chinese Vice Premier Wang Qishan, and Chinese State Councilor Dai Bingguo. I have highlighted where the leaders mentioned specific areas of progress. Read more…
Posts Tagged ‘Strategic and Economic Dialog’
May 11th, 2011 5 comments
36 visitors online now
23 guests, 13 bots, 0 members
Quoting YouAs the Western saying goes, “All roads lead to Rome”. In a world of diversity, there is no such thing as “the only right path”. The popular conviction of the Chinese people is that our path should be based on our national conditions and rooted in reality. China’s experience cannot be exported. By the same token, not all Western experience will suit China. Of course, this does not mean that China should stop drawing upon the useful experience of the West. We will continue to learn from all the good experience and best practices in the world that suit and help China’s development. At the same time, we will explore new forms and ways to meet the demand of China’s continued development and the development of political civilization in the world. (TANG GUOQIANG, Chinese Ambassador to Norway)
- China Dream (3)
- Ray: Unlike most Western commentators, Lin Yifu doesn’t really care for politics. In his...
- China is a Freeloader of World Order… (9)
- Guo Du: I tried and tried but couldn’t open the video clip. I can guess what he said...
- Rule of Law (8)
- Black Pheonix: @Allen “And I don’t think it’s just bad policy. It’s part of its...
- Democracy Mission – A Conspiracy Theory (2)
- Guo Du: @Allen “Democracy” is just a propaganda banner. It goes hand in hand with the...
- Paul Krugman (4)
- curious: Just a few words about Paul Krugman’s personal economic expertise. In 2013 he...
- What is a Holocaust? (6)
- Allen: From http://www.theguardian.com/wor ld/2014/aug/15/japan-shinzo...
- Open Forum (527)
- ersim: @Zack Wouldn’t surprise me the “liberal” NYT is an asset of the CIA.
- HK’s “civil referendum”, a giant farce in details (38)
- raffiaflower: Mr Lai is such an enigmatic personality. He made his millions during the Hong Kong...
- WSJ Re-reports “37 civilians killed, 13 injured in Xinjiang terror attack” (2)
- curious: For quite some time now I get most of my news on world events from various news sites...
- “Peaceful Rise” Does Not Mean a “Push Over” China (4)
- United Chinese Diaspora: @Allen Just to expand a bit on what you are saying about “bending...
- US Censorship Poisons Internet At the Front End, with 100,000′s of Secret Gag Orders (5)
- Allen: Just came across more example of “gag orders.” As long as we see “rule...
- Opium Wars…….War on Drugs (2)
- raffiaflower: China’s unprecedented quest for a peaceful rise, an incisive commentary by...
- Some Reflections of a Chinese American (12)
- N.M.Cheung: @curious As I noted before the neocons has been predicting the imminent collapse of...
- Chinese physicists break new record in exploiting quantum entanglement (14)
- flowin: i would love to see what would happen if one of these entangled photons was dropped into...
- West Considers History Amnesia Pill Law (12)
- Allen: @Black Pheonix On another side note: Google search ranking is highly secretive, could be...
america Beijing censorship China china-u.s. relations Chinese corruption culture dalai lama democracy diaoyutai earthquake economy education Environment featured financial crisis freedom freedom of speech Google government history human rights humor india internet japan media media bias nationalism olympics politics propaganda racism reform riot Russia Today Senkaku sixfour taiwan tiananmen tibet translation U.S. China Relations xinjiang
- China Dream
- Democracy Mission – A Conspiracy Theory
- Paul Krugman
- Rule of Law
- China is a Freeloader of World Order…
- WSJ Re-reports “37 civilians killed, 13 injured in Xinjiang terror attack”
- Rectangular Track
- “Peaceful Rise” Does Not Mean a “Push Over” China
- Opium Wars…….War on Drugs
- Model Minority and Race
- Some Reflections of a Chinese American
- US Censorship Poisons Internet At the Front End, with 100,000′s of Secret Gag Orders
- Growing anti-Beijing sentiment is shifting focus away from Hong Kong’s real problems
- China’s Take on Vietnam’s Dispute with China in the S. China Sea
- The Ugly Side Shows Through from the US “Soft Power” Experiment: Freedom in Exporting Extremism.
- HK’s “civil referendum”, a giant farce in details
- US professors urge Western universities to end ties to China’s Confucius Institutes
- “They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves of corruption.”
- Why Asia Should Say No to Mr. Abe’s Vision of International Law for Asia
- Deconstructing Japan’s Claim of Sovereignty over the Diaoyu/Senkaku Islands
- If China and the U.S.-led Hegemonic Block Ever Gets into a War, the War Started this Way … with a Lie…
- Chinese Government Tightens Constraints on Press Freedom
- Chinese Guanxi
- Turning a New Chapter
- 5 Popular Misconceptions about the Sino-Russian Gas Deal
- Analysis (473)
- Announcements (38)
- Asian Union (10)
- aside (49)
- Book Review (4)
- culture (266)
- economy (96)
- education (39)
- Environment (48)
- Foreign Relations (68)
- General (214)
- history (67)
- human rights (64)
- Indonesia (1)
- Interview (2)
- language (21)
- Letters (48)
- media (204)
- music (57)
- natural disaster (10)
- News (350)
- Opinion (312)
- Philosophy (33)
- Photos (54)
- politics (400)
- q&a (13)
- religion (25)
- technology (60)
- trade (42)
- Translation (4)
- Uncategorized (269)
- video (95)
- White Paper (4)