Following the video is the full text of the joint closing remarks to the third U.S.-China Strategic and Economic Dialog (S&ED) by Secretary of State Clinton, Secretary of Treasury Timothy Geithner, Chinese Vice Premier Wang Qishan, and Chinese State Councilor Dai Bingguo. I have highlighted where the leaders mentioned specific areas of progress. Read more…
Posts Tagged ‘Strategic and Economic Dialog’
May 11th, 2011 5 comments
53 visitors online now
33 guests, 19 bots, 1 members
Quoting YouI think the dominant attitude you’re hearing from the Chinese is basically, if it works for you, great… but we might prefer a different path, especially if it works for us. If you understand that our values and the view they engender might be different… why do you insist on forcing your values and single view on us? Why do you insist that we must eventually follow in your path, if we tell you with all seriousness, that we’re not sure we want to? (Buxi)
- Lee Kuan Yew’s Passing is a Loss for the World (4)
- Rhan: 李万千的访谈 （一）接受访谈的初衷 不论你是支持还是反对已故李光耀，他毕竟曾经在新马反殖斗争、左 翼运动、区域乃至国际政治的舞台中，扮演过极具争议性的角...
- The Tussle over AIIB – So Much ado about Influence? (2)
- Allen: @N.M.Cheung On the notion that China was seeking or has given up “veto” power...
- Open Forum (553)
- Guo Du: A very interesting video from Paul Hellyer. He was Canadian Minister of Defence and...
- Tis a Puzzlement (1)
- SinoXin: http://nationalinterest.org/fe ature/sorry-america-china-not- going-collapse-12389 The...
- Reply to Verna Yu and NYT (9)
- pug_ster: Looks like the HK government actually have some backbone after these latest incidents....
- The Myth of a Chinese takeover in Siberia – Continued (18)
- Allen: I think this article by Huiyun Feng at the Diplomat (http://thediplomat.com/201...
- “Under the Dome” by Chai Jing (7)
- Ray: In summary personal responsibility is of utmost importance especially on issues as important...
- Eddie Huang, FOB, Time Warner Condos, and Gold Coast Houses. (21)
- pug_ster: @Sigmar Sorry, I think I have mistaken with you with Paoburen. My mistake. And no, we...
- Behind the Great Western Firewall Is the Ugly Truth (1)
- N.M.Cheung: I have no problem with Chinese Great Fire Wall as those who want to operate in China...
- Abe’s Japan going backwards on the Comfort Women Issue (4)
- pug_ster: @caixin I can say the same for Nazi Germany on how they interpret its History Books on...
- 政治局新年首次集体学习辩证唯物主义 (Politburo together studied Dialectic Materialism) (2)
- caixin: Great website, I’d never heard of it. Thanks for sharing
- Why did China ban Google? And why do the West try to shut down the Confucian Institute? (18)
- Ray: @United Chinese Diaspora The Confucian Institute pretty much operate like its counterparts...
- 中国博客: “探索和谐”, 欢迎你 (13)
- ch sheep: 其实我在想，如果他们完全不了解我们，也意味着不能有效对付我们 嘛。哈哈，开玩笑的，希望你们能更好的促进中外交流。
- My Take on HK’s Occupy Movement (9)
- pug_ster: https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=vdBRe3s3LPM&feature=you tube_gdata_player...
- Sony: the great propagandizer in the middle of its hacking scandal (13)
- pug_ster: Charles Liu : Here’s the latest round of propaganda on this, “Bureau 121″:...
america Beijing censorship China corruption culture dalai lama democracy diaoyutai earthquake economy education Environment featured financial crisis freedom freedom of speech Google government history hong kong human rights humor india internet japan media media bias nationalism olympics politics propaganda racism reform riot rule of law Russia Today Senkaku sixfour taiwan tiananmen tibet translation U.S. China Relations xinjiang
- What is Legitimacy?
- Lee Kuan Yew’s Passing is a Loss for the World
- The Tussle over AIIB – So Much ado about Influence?
- Tis a Puzzlement
- “Under the Dome” by Chai Jing
- Reply to Verna Yu and NYT
- Behind the Great Western Firewall Is the Ugly Truth
- Eddie Huang, FOB, Time Warner Condos, and Gold Coast Houses.
- 政治局新年首次集体学习辩证唯物主义 (Politburo together studied Dialectic Materialism)
- Abe’s Japan going backwards on the Comfort Women Issue
- The Myth of a Chinese takeover in Siberia – Continued
- Why did China ban Google? And why do the West try to shut down the Confucian Institute?
- 汉武帝还是唐太宗 习近平陷入保守主义？/On History
- Sony: the great propagandizer in the middle of its hacking scandal
- Xi Jinping’s fight against Corruption
- The True Face of “Occupy Central With Peace And Love” Western Media Self-Censored
- On China’s 9-Dashed Line and Why the Arbitrational Tribunal in Hague Should Dismiss Philippine’s Case Against China
- Second Enlightenment – Debunking Democracy
- Jeremy Lin
- Taiwan’s Recent Local Elections
- Obama vs Xi Jinping
- The Soft-power of Hong Kong Protesters – Freedoms not enjoy by American, Britain, Canadian and Australian
- Channeling Arthur Chu
- My Take on HK’s Occupy Movement
- Plutocrats Against Democracy
- Analysis (483)
- Announcements (39)
- Asian Union (10)
- aside (50)
- Book Review (5)
- culture (268)
- economy (96)
- education (40)
- Environment (48)
- Foreign Relations (70)
- General (214)
- history (68)
- human rights (67)
- Indonesia (1)
- Interview (2)
- language (21)
- Letters (48)
- media (208)
- music (57)
- natural disaster (10)
- News (352)
- Opinion (320)
- Philosophy (33)
- Photos (55)
- politics (408)
- q&a (13)
- religion (25)
- technology (60)
- trade (42)
- Translation (4)
- Uncategorized (290)
- video (96)
- White Paper (4)