Following the video is the full text of the joint closing remarks to the third U.S.-China Strategic and Economic Dialog (S&ED) by Secretary of State Clinton, Secretary of Treasury Timothy Geithner, Chinese Vice Premier Wang Qishan, and Chinese State Councilor Dai Bingguo. I have highlighted where the leaders mentioned specific areas of progress. Read more…
Posts Tagged ‘Strategic and Economic Dialog’
May 11th, 2011 5 comments
14 visitors online now
9 guests, 5 bots, 0 members
Quoting YouMaybe we’re seeing what has played out numerous times in the history, the decline of once a great power: the institutions are still the same but the structure is slowly crumbling. The best hope is the potential of losing the #1 position will give the nation a kick that it needs. Or an existential threat may do the trick. However, if that still doesn’t work, it will be the test of the strength of the civilization and the core narratives. Historically, not many have survived that test… (JXie)
- Open Forum (404)
- perspectivehere: @Zack Thanks for posting this. Those with a sense of history will see some...
- “first island chain” (8)
- Hezudao: The Japanese are also very paranoid about Chinese ships passing near their islands....
- Other Snowden Relevations (9)
- Guo Du: @pug_ster Imagine the noise from the evangelical faithfuls if this happened elsewhere,...
- How CNN uses disaster to propagandize against a government (24)
- ersim: Ever since I read Edward Bernays’ booklet “Propaganda”, I learned very...
- Cross Strait Land Bridge Project, Just an Idea?? (11)
- Black Pheonix: It appears that a bridge and a tunnel were both proposed....
- Chinese Advocate Post #1: Some General Law advice for Fellow Chinese (4)
- Panthera tigris amoyensis: Spotted on China Hearsay, Presumed to be about China Law Blog and Dan...
- Orville Schell Does Not Understand “Negative Feedback” Or Tiger Mom’s Lessons. (12)
- perspectivehere: I watched this DVD and thought it was a balanced discussion, i.e., I strongly...
- Remembering Lu Lingzi (吕令子) (3)
- Black Pheonix: As it turns out, the Boston Bombers were motivated by Right-Wing American...
- New national story or not, Orville Schell and John Delury’s article whitewashes Western atrocities (23)
- Black Pheonix: Schell’s analogy of China’s celebration of history to US’s...
- Bradley Manning verdict reactions from RT (3)
- ersim: What’s the point if the majority of young people allowed the so called “occupy...
- How Food Adulteration in US is Downplayed by Media (1)
- Charles Liu: And of course, stuff like this is isolated incident and our food supply remains...
- Short-Sale AMSC: DOJ’s Stealth Probe of AMSC (1)
- Black Pheonix: Thomson Reuter downgraded AMSC to “sell”. http://zolmax.com/american...
- Hashimoto’s “Comfort Women” Statement – Is it Really So Bad? A Comment about Why Japan Needs to Give a Real Apology. (11)
- pug_ster: http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_ news/2013/08/01/19810142-ja...
- Freedom of Speech: Case Study on That Medieval, Backward, Senseless French Law Against Insulting the French President (3)
- YinYang: Allen – great definition: “Freedom is defined by underlying harm.”
- Toward a Japan-Anchored Asian Order? (44)
- Peterbread: Sigmar : @Gunwin So after all is said and done, you still have not provided any...
america Beijing censorship China Chinese corruption culture dalai lama democracy earthquake economy education Environment featured financial crisis freedom freedom of speech Google government Hillary Clinton history human rights humor india internet japan language media media bias nationalism olympics politics propaganda racism reform riot Russia Today sixfour south china sea taiwan tiananmen tibet translation U.S. China Relations xinjiang
- Book review: “Dragon Fighter” by Rebiya Kadeer
- Sun Yang ‘freestyle king’
- Chinese Advocate Post #1: Some General Law advice for Fellow Chinese
- “first island chain”
- Other Snowden Relevations
- Short-Sale AMSC: DOJ’s Stealth Probe of AMSC
- How Food Adulteration in US is Downplayed by Media
- Bradley Manning verdict reactions from RT
- Freedom of Speech: Case Study on That Medieval, Backward, Senseless French Law Against Insulting the French President
- New national story or not, Orville Schell and John Delury’s article whitewashes Western atrocities
- Who Stole Jobs from Detroit?
- Virtue-Shame Based Culture and Morality Needed
- Climate of not so truths
- How CNN uses disaster to propagandize against a government
- Orville Schell Does Not Understand “Negative Feedback” Or Tiger Mom’s Lessons.
- Abe Wins Huge in Japan… and some thoughts on the coverage…
- Opinion: Last Word by Melektaus on the Rule of Law
- “Cross-straits” team wins Winbledon doubles title
- “human rights,” “democracy,” “freedom,” and now, “rule of law”
- “China’s Tibet”: A Perfectly Normal Turn of Phrase
- Rampant “Legalized” Corruptions Unmentioned
- Thriving on Bad News of Others, Or Just Plain Reality Check.
- Corruptions of Different Kinds, and the Effects
- “English-language Chinese Blogs” are dead? Who’s Not Paying Attention.
- Should China Consider Giving Snowden Asylum?
- Analysis (425)
- Announcements (34)
- Asian Union (10)
- aside (48)
- Book Review (5)
- culture (259)
- economy (89)
- education (39)
- Environment (46)
- Foreign Relations (62)
- General (205)
- history (55)
- human rights (50)
- Indonesia (1)
- Interview (2)
- language (21)
- Letters (48)
- media (196)
- music (57)
- natural disaster (10)
- News (334)
- Opinion (284)
- Philosophy (29)
- Photos (51)
- politics (362)
- q&a (13)
- religion (24)
- technology (58)
- trade (37)
- Translation (3)
- Uncategorized (234)
- video (94)
- White Paper (4)