Home > Environment, Photos > Daffodils

Daffodils

February 11th, 2012 Leave a comment Go to comments

Some daffodils I planted few months ago are in full bloom now. Not really raining today, but spraying water on the flower gives it more interest. I’ve been struck how beautiful these flowers are.

Couple more shots I took below. California golden sun in the late afternoon provides perfect lighting for these kind of shots.

Categories: Environment, Photos Tags:
  1. Wayne
    February 12th, 2012 at 23:13 | #1

I thought this was a site about China and the world?????

Not a site for women’s things and homosexual things like faggy flowers?????????

2. February 12th, 2012 at 23:39 | #2

lol. Ouch! But please take a brief moment to be distracted once in a while by such “women’s things and homosexual things like faggy flowers” from the “China and the world” stuff.

But, Wayne, you would appreciate this question: why has flower become a domain for the women and homosexuals? Is this a China phenomenon too?

3. LOLZ
    February 13th, 2012 at 05:42 | #3

Nice camera.

4. February 13th, 2012 at 14:34 | #4

@Wayne

Give yinyang a break. It’s as much about the flower as that camera – which a definitely a guy thing as it’s a device that I wanted to swindle from him for sometime…

Anyways – flower is not all about women and homosexual you know.

See, e.g.,

2003 People’s Daily article about National flower and bird
    2005 petition for dual national flowers by 62 academics.

😀

5. dan
    February 13th, 2012 at 14:50 | #5

Nice pictures, especially #2 with the dew. Did you use a tripod?

6. February 13th, 2012 at 14:52 | #6

These are nice macro pics.

7. February 13th, 2012 at 16:05 | #7

Thanks for the compliments, folks – and Allen on my defense. 🙂

I used a tripod. It’s essential for sharp images. I was too lazy to use a remote shutter trigger. So, used the 2-sec timer on the camera. Physically pressing the shutter button will cause the camera to shake – which causes blur. So, pressing and allowing a 2-second settling time will take shake out of the camera.

Also, to make sure the wind doesn’t introduce blur in the flower moving, you want to make sure a very high shutter speed.

Nan – I used the Canon 50mm f/1.4 prime lens. One of the best value in the Canon line-up.

8. King Tubby
    February 13th, 2012 at 22:00 | #8

Nothing like a nature break and the images are tres sharp.

Agreed . A good tripod is essential, and remote shutter triggers have their uses when doing group photos.

Funny enough, I also use a sony card camera and prefer its images to those taken on a cannon.

@Wayne. Take a walk in the piney woods. You might meet a rattlesnake.

9. February 13th, 2012 at 23:55 | #9

@YinYang

Actually I came to your defense only because I agreed completely with what he wrote: what the f___!?? What does yellow flowers – even if in sharp contrast – have to do with China! 😈

Wayne is pretty perceptive – even if annoyingly sometimes! :mrgreen:

But then I thought – oh well, if looking at pictures of small, pretty flowers from time to time is going to help to recharge you to blog more, that’s probably worth us going on your little detours from time to time… 😎

10. February 14th, 2012 at 00:32 | #10

> Wayne is pretty perceptive – even if annoyingly sometimes!

Agreed.

His comment up top really cracked me up.

@King Tubby
    Phew, we finally have something in common! 😉 ha, maybe not for the rattlesnake part. lol.

11. Naqshbandiyya
    February 14th, 2012 at 15:21 | #11

Beautiful pictures, and shows that the authors of this blog are human and not just text on a screen. I also really appreciated the break from the hardcore politics. Wayne’s comments are tasteless.

12. Wayne
    February 15th, 2012 at 06:42 | #12

Hey…this is something different,,,but very newsworthy. This is just awesome for Chinese people:

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload the CAPTCHA.