Home > Photos > Greetings from the island of Maui

Greetings from the island of Maui

February 11th, 2013 Leave a comment Go to comments

My family is currently vacationing in Hawaii, on the island of Maui. I might find inspiration in connecting Maui to China, but don’t hold me to it. Dr. Sun Yat-Sen (1866-1925) is locally known in Hawaii, because this is where he came for school. Even on the island of Maui, there is a small memorial park dedicated to him. Perhaps I will find time to pay it a visit. For now, a few shots near the resort where we are staying.  It’s been raining in this Western part of Maui and not a whole lot of sun left for the day.

(click image to enlarge)
Sunset on the beach is always spectacular, and tourists stick out like a sore thumb with their cameras. Yes, me included.

(click image to enlarge)
Rain drop collects on the waterlily.

(click image to enlarge)
Double rainbow. I’ve seen them before, but I believe this is the first time I have captured them.

Categories: Photos Tags:
  1. pug_ster
    February 13th, 2013 at 06:09 | #1

Went there about 10 years ago. Weather and scenery was nice, but the price and quality of foods is not that great though. Wish I go back there again.

2. February 13th, 2013 at 10:10 | #2

Agreed, pug_ster. Feels like there is a 10 to 20 year lag on food for the islands.

3. February 13th, 2013 at 10:13 | #3

We had really good pizza yesterday at the Flatbread Company in the town of Paia, on our way to Hana.

4. Charles Liu
    February 14th, 2013 at 13:50 | #4

Recommend Star Noodle in Lahaina, and up north further there’s a new Duke’s in Kaanapali (snorkling at Black Rock is great.) Further up there are hippie co-op, Mama’s BBQ in Kahana, and upscale places like Roy’s and Sensei in Kapalua.

If you have a kitchen there’s a Costco just outside the airport. They sell local catch.

5. February 14th, 2013 at 17:06 | #5

Thx for the tips Charles. Ha we are hanging out and watching whales on the beach just north of Black Rock. We’ll head to Black Rock then. 🙂

6. Charles Liu
    February 22nd, 2013 at 15:30 | #6

If you are above average swimmer Kaanapali beech actually has larger open reef, more turtles, sharks, and you can hear the whale sing.

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload the CAPTCHA.