I don’t know how I missed this talk from 2008 – when China was demagogued by almost every Western media and press. But the views expressed here I think are on the whole surprisingly balanced and insightful. I hope readers from the West will take time to view this.
Or view video on YouTube by clicking below:
Here are some questions the video addresses:
- Do the Chinese people really lack initiative or intelligence?
- Are the Chinese people all just robots, placed in shackles by an unsympathetic government?
- Is there freedom of the press in China?
- Do the Chinese people care about democracy?
- Is China really out to dominate the world?
- Is Chinese development detrimental for the world?
- Is the West unfairly politicizing environmental issues against the Chinese people?
View the video and let us know what you think.