As you know, elections won’t happen until for at least 21 months from now but I am slightly more optimistic towards voting for Democratic nominees. Though most of the candidates seem to serve the corporate interests thus why many people including myself who don’t serve in the people’s interests. Here’s what I think of some of these candidates. This is the weakness of the Hillary Clinton during the 2016 elections. I’m sorry to say that most of these Democrats/Independent candidates would make Ronald Reagan proud.
1) Howard Schultz – This guy is fiscally conservative but progressive on “moral causes.” He reminds me of some Libertarian.
2) Tulsi Gabbard – She claims that she is anti war but received 100k from defense contractors.
3) Cory Booker – He is so corrupt and claims that he will fight for the ordinary people. Come on, I can see through his BS.
4) Pete Buttgieg – Who is this guy?
5) Julian Castro, John Delaney, Kirsten Gillibrand – All “Moderate” candidates of the likes of Clinton.
6) Kamala Harris – I’m not positive about her. She received alot of corporate donations but now she is running as a progressive. Doesn’t fool me.
So it comes to the last Candidate Elizabeth Warren. She seems to be the only genuine progressive who goes after big banks with a populist message. The problem with the 2016 election was that the Democrats pushed out the populist candidate Bernie Sanders. Can Warren prevail against the corrupt Democratic Machine? With the popular message of Alexandria Ocasio Cortez taxing the rich, maybe we can get a true progressive candidate as a Democrat in the 2020 elections.